Thank you for considering employment at De La Salle North Catholic. We seek applicants with a passion for educational ministry, a desire to work within a team, and a zeal for working with young students in an urban setting.
De La Salle North Catholic High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law in the administration of any of its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment.
Job Title: STEM Teacher for 2021-2022
Reports To: Principal
This is a full-time position in the Science Department. The successful candidate will have a desire to be part of a Lasallian Catholic educational community, have experience working with a low socio-economic, diverse high school population, and be excited to teach courses in computer science, robotics, and/or engineering.
We are looking for a candidate who wants to be an integral part of the growth of a newly developing STEM program at De La Salle North Catholic. Our school’s STEM program launched three years ago, and has been growing slowly since then. We have plans to continue this growth by adding new courses, opportunities and equipment. The new STEM teacher will work with the science department to help create a vision for the future of this program.
- Observe professional hours aligned to the specifics of the periods assigned, to ensure some time either before school or after to work with students
- Attend occasional late afternoon or evening Robotics tournaments
- The teacher must have a driver’s license and be able to drive a large school van to Robotics tournaments
- Work with the Science Department Chair on curriculum, equipment orders and field trip logistics
- Be present at Department and 9th Grade Level Team meetings, as well as all staff meetings, staff retreats, and staff celebrations, unless approved by supervisor
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Follow all school guidelines regarding professional work alongside our students, such as attendance, safety drills, grading, and classroom management
- Follow all school guidelines regarding field trip permissions, transportation, and vigilance
- Ensure safe environment for students
- Ensure safe and orderly storage of all robotics gear
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM related field; Master’s preferred
- Two to four years of teaching experience, middle or high school level preferred
- Possess or be working toward an Oregon teaching license in the subject area of instruction or related field
- An ability to actively participate in and contribute to Department and Level Teams
- Experience working with students and staff from diverse backgrounds
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
ADA Compliant list of Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to frequently remain in a stationary position.
- Must be able to constantly move about office/classroom to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to frequently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Must be able to occasionally position self to maintain computers and other office equipment, including under desks.
- Must be able to constantly communicate with students/parents/other staff to convey student academic information.
- Must be able to occasionally move or lift up to ten pounds of AV equipment or school supplies.
- Must be able to occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions
Annual Salary and Benefits: Salary depends on experience.
To Apply: Please use this link to apply. Start date August 23, 2021. Open acceptance of applications until position is filled. Successful completion of background check is a condition of employment.