Job Title: Business Office Associate / Full Charge Bookkeeper
Reports To: VP of Finance and Operations
De La Salle North Catholic High School provides a faith-based, college-preparatory high school education to underserved students from the Portland area. We are the most diverse private high school in Oregon, and over 95% of our graduates are accepted into college. Our goal is to develop tomorrow’s community leaders by making high-quality education accessible to motivated young people in a learning environment that values cultural, spiritual, and ethnic diversity. Our educational approach provides each student with the opportunity to succeed through small classes, high expectations, and active participation in our Corporate Work Study Program affiliated with the nationally recognized Cristo Rey Network.
Business Office Associate essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Full cycle Accounts Receivable, including preparation of monthly invoices and maintaining customer records.
- Collections calls.
- Accounts Payable including purchase orders and vendor records maintenance.
- Prepare monthly reports and journal entries, as needed.
- General ledger assistance.
- Prepare payroll.
- Maintain compliance with all grant requirements, including submission of applications, reports, and requests for payment.
- Assistance with monthly financial statements.
- Prepare annual 1099’s.
- Assistance with the annual budget and audit process.
- Maintain financial document retention files.
- New customer and vendor setup and maintenance.
- Vendor statement reconciliation and discrepancies.
- Deposit and cash reports.
- Prepare and/or review of all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure.
- Perform other related duties as may be requested by the VP of Finance.
- 2+ years of experience in Accounting field, with progressive job placement/advancement.
- Fluent in Spanish and English MANDATORY.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to have sensitive conversations about financial topics with tact.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a collaborative, team player office environment.
- Ability to interface well with staff and external customers.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- BS or BA in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience with QuickBooks.
- Previous experience working in a school environment.
- Previous experience with non-profit accounting.
- Ability to translate to/from Spanish in Business Office correspondence.
Salary & Benefits: DOE. Generous benefits package.
To Apply: Please use this link for this job posting and apply directly from there. Position is open until filled but looking to fill immediately. Successful completion of background check is a condition of employment.