De La Salle North Catholic High School

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Please Create A Marquee
Contact Us

COVID-19 Resources

DLSNC Food Pantry

As of March 2021, DLSNC is delivering food pantry boxes to Knight Nation families every two weeks. Contact the front desk at 503.285.9385 if you are a DLSNC family who would like to sign up to receive a delivery.


Oregon food pantries by city: 


211 Info 

211 info connects people with health and social service organizations, for assistance with food, housing, utility assistance, child care and health services. To speak with a Community Information Specialist about resources in your area: 

GO TO and enter your zip code CALL 211 or 1-866-698-6155 TEXT your zip code to 898211 (TXT211) EMAIL HOURS Monday-Friday 8am-6pm 


Webpage for COVID-19 food resources

Many of us need support accessing food right now, and there are new and expanded resources to help meet these needs. To make it easier to see what resources are available, the Oregon Department of Human Services has developed a new website to help connect Oregonians with:

  • Local school meal programs
  • Food banks and pantries
  • Meals for older community members
  • Applications for food assistance programs

You will also find downloadable flyers about Oregon’s food resources in 11 languages. Go to


Do you need help with groceries or clothing? Snowcap can help Multnomah County residents living east of 82nd Ave. Located at 17805 SE Stark, behind the Rockwood Center. Hours: M-F 10am-2pm plus Monday and Wednesday 6-8pm. Please bring a piece of mail if you are housed. 


Health Centers 

Multnomah County will keep some Student Health Center locations open during the break. You can find more information by visiting this website. The PPS sites have specific entrance requirements that you can see here


Health services are available for all K-12 students in Multnomah County over spring break (March 23-27) at: 
Parkrose Student Health Center 

12003 NE Shaver St
Here are some ideas for how to deal with anxiety, and sleeplessness:

Information and Resources for Families With Mixed Immigration Status 

(PDF version here)

Families First Stimulus Checks

Families who use ITIN’s will NOT qualify for the stimulus checks, nor will their children or spouse even if they are legal permanent residents or US citizens. 

DACA recipients who have a Social Security Numbers and file tax returns will be eligible for the checks and the IRS will automatically issue them. DACA recipients who do not file tax returns or have a social security number may not be eligible. File your taxes for free at


Healthcare Access & COVID-19 Testing

All people qualify for COVID-19 testing regardless of health insurance status. People testing you should not be asking about immigration status. With the COVID-19 Pandemic, the public charge act has changed. Whether or not you have legal documents, you have the right to receive medical care.

Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Clinics are offering free COVID-19 testing. Because of the Families First act, everyone will be covered for COVID-19 testing and related exam costs, regardless of insurance status. Their Hillsboro location is offering free in-car COVID-19 testing. Call the Coronavirus Hotline 503-214-1668 before visiting the clinic. 


Healthcare Coverage 

Your OHP coverage will not end during this national emergency. You are covered even if you get a letter that says your OHP is closing or you no longer qualify. Your OHP benefits will not be closed. Federal emergency payments will not change your OHP eligibility. The stimulus and unemployment increase will not affect your OHP eligibility. 

Food Resources

  • Call 211 to find the nearest food pantries in your area 

Housing Assistance

Governor Brown’s order of April 1, says that no landlord may evict a tenant for nonpayment of rent, fees, utility charges.  It also prevents landlords from charging late fees.  Eviction may still be filed for other causes, as allowed under ORTLA. Multnomah County has put in place similar protections. 

If you have additional questions you can reach the Renters Rights Hotline at 503-288-0130. The hotline is staffed almost entirely by volunteers, and usually returns calls within one or two days.

Emergency help with utilities, housing and food offered by the following agencies … 

  • El Programa Hispano Catolico - 503-669-8350
  • Homeforward - 503-721-1740
  • Impact NW - 503-802-8333


Home utilities assistance

Home utilities (gas, power) will not be turned off by Portland General Electric, Pacific Power and NW Natural. Call to ask for more time to pay or to set up a payment plan:

  • Portland General Electric 1-800-542-8818
  • Pacific Power 1-888-221-7070
  • NW Natural 1-800-422-4012

Comcast is providing free internet for low income families for 60 days through Internet Essentials. Sign up here:


Social Service Organizations

211 Info for Community Database of Resources (Bilingual and Interpreter services available)

CALL 211 or 1-866-698-6155

TEXT your zip code to 898211 (TXT211)


HOURS Monday-Friday 8am-6pm



Mutual Aid and Relief Funds      

PDX COVID-19 Mutual Aid delivers groceries, medical supplies, household goods, and financial assistance. Request help online:

Oregon Worker Relief Fund - Available to any Oregon worker no matter their immigration status. More information about their application process will soon be available at this website


Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Anyone with the ability to legally work in the USA may qualify for Unemployment Insurance in Oregon (DACA, TPS, other work permits). You can begin a claim here:

To stay up to date on changes to DACA or the application renewal process please visit CAUSA’s website 

Additional Resources Available at this Link


Información y recursos para familias de estatus migratorio mixto

Paquete de Estímulos 

Familias que usan ITINS NO califican para los cheques de reembolso, tampoco sus hijos o cónyuge aunque sean ciudadanos americanos o residentes permanentes.


DACA – por tener número de Seguro Social sí califican, si han presentado impuestos. Complete sus impuestos gratis en


Salud y exámenes de COVID-19

Todas las personas califican para el examen de COVID-19/Coronavirus (aunque no tengan seguro médico). Quienes hacen el examen no deberían preguntar por su estatus migratorio. Con la pandemia COVID-19, la ley de carga pública ha cambiado. Ya sea que tenga o no documentos legales, tiene derecho a recibir atención médica.


Las Clinicas De Virginia García ofrecen exámenes gratis de COVID-19. Debido a la ley de “Families First” (familias primero) todas las personas califican para las pruebas COVID-19 y los costos de exámenes relacionados, independientemente del estado del seguro, están cubiertos. La clínica también provee exámenes de COVID-19 gratis por carro. Llame a línea directa de COVID-19 a 503-214-1668 antes de ir a la clínica. 



Cobertura de Salud

Su cobertura de OHP no terminará durante esta emergencia nacional. Usted está cubierto incluso si recibe una carta que dice que su OHP se está cerrando o que ya no califica. Sus beneficios de OHP no se cerrarán. Los pagos federales de emergencia no cambiarán su elegibilidad. Este dinero no se contará como ingreso cuando solicite o informe un cambio en su hogar.

Acceso a Alimentación

  • Llame al 211 para encontrar las despensas de alimentos más cercanas en su área.
  • Para ubicaciones del Banco de Alimentos de Oregón, llame al 503-505-7061 entre las 9 am y las 5 pm de lunes a viernes o visite su sitio de web
  • Solicite TEFP (Programa de alimentos de emergencia temporal) independientemente del estatus migratorio aquí:

Asistencia de Vivienda

La orden de la Gobernadora Brown del primero de abril, dice que ningún arrendador puede desalojar a un inquilino por falta de pago de renta, tarifas o cargos de servicios públicos. También evita que los propietarios cobren cargos por pagos atrasados. El desalojo aún puede presentarse por otras causas. El condado de Multnomah ha establecido protecciones similares.

Si tiene preguntas adicionales, puede comunicarse con la Línea directa de derechos de inquilinos al 503-288-0130. La línea directa está compuesta casi en su totalidad por voluntarios, y generalmente devuelven las llamadas dentro de uno a dos días.

Ayuda de emergencia con servicios públicos, vivienda y alimentos ofrecidos por las siguientes agencias:

  • El Programa Hispano Catolico - 503-669-8350
  • Homeforward - 503-721-1740
  • Impact NW - 503-802-8333

Asistencia para pagar servicios (gas/luz/agua)                                                                     

Portland General Electric, Pacific Power y NW Natural No cortaran la energía/gas por falta de pago. Puede solicitar planes de pago o solicitar más tiempo para pagar.

  • Portland General Electric 1-800-542-8818
  • Pacific Power 1-888-221-7070
  • NW Natural 1-800-422-4012


Organizaciones de Servicio Sociales

Información de 211 provee información de recursos comunitarios (servicios bilingües e intérpretes disponibles)

  • LLAME 211 o 1-866-698-6155
  • TEXTE su código postal al 898211 (TXT211)
  • HORAS de lunes a viernes de 8 a.m. a 6 p.m.

Ayuda Mutua y Fondos de Ayuda

PDX COVID19 Mutual Aid distribuye comida, suministros médicos, artículos domésticos, y asistencia financiera. Puede solicitar ayuda en este sitio de web

Fondo de Ayuda para Trabajadores de Oregon: disponible para cualquier trabajador de Oregon sin importar su estado migratorio. Más información sobre el proceso de solicitud pronto estará disponible en este sitio web 

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Cualquier persona con la capacidad de trabajar legalmente en los Estados Unidos puede calificar para el Seguro de Desempleo (DACA, TPS, y otros permisos de trabajo). Puede pedirlo en este sitio de web

Manténgase actualizado sobre los cambios de DACA y información de la renovación de aplicaciones en el sitio web de CAUSA 


Recursos adicionales disponibles en este sitio web: